Touch MBA | Free School Selection Help | Admissions Edge | About | Podcast

UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School - Ikechukwu'19 (Nigeria)

Name: Ikechukwu Edeagu
Nationality: Nigerian
Pre-MBA Education: Bachelor of Science in Applied Physics at University of Lagos, Nigeria
Work Before MBA: Financial Risk Management - KPMG
Work After MBA / Post MBA Goals: Corporate Finance

Why did you pick [UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School]? I wanted to attend a top business school that has a well-regarded leadership development program, an emphasis on teamwork and a tailored financial development program to help students who are interested in building practical skills for a career in finance, especially for career switchers. After interacting with current students and alumni, I realised UNC Kenan-Flagler has all three ingredients so it was an easy decision for me to pick this school.

What should more applicants know about [UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School]? Be prepared to discuss (essays and MBA interview) situations in which you have worked in a team setting and shown leadership abilities. If you do eventually get admitted and decide to attend, come prepared with a very solid understanding of the basics of financial accounting, statistics, microeconomics and finance. The Analytical Skills Workshop (ASW) is a highly recommended pre-MBA program offered by the school to admitted students who want to build such knowledge before the MBA program begins. On a lighter note, the school’s Tar Heels College basketball team has a very deep rivalry with that of fellow North Carolina school, Duke University. So basketball is a HUGE deal here.

Feel free to ask me about…? (here you can list what you are willing to discuss)
Why I chose [UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School]
My experience during the admissions journey
Professors and Classes
Networking Opportunities
Campus life and residences on campus
Student Associations and activities

Complete List of Touch MBA Ambassadors / Business Schools