Touch MBA | Free School Selection Help | Admissions Edge | About | Podcast

IESE Business School MBA - Jade Jia '19 (China/Singapore)

Name: Jade Jia Chongyu
Nationality: PRC
Pre-MBA Education: University of London International Programme
Work Before MBA: Platform Controller at Louis Dreyfus Company Asia Pte Ltd
Work After MBA / Post MBA Goals: Management consulting / luxury brand management

Why did you pick IESE?
After attending networking events of several schools, I found IESE being the school that most values my personal experience; and its alumni the most willing to help, with whom I could forge the deepest connections. I appreciate the school’s personal touch, rather than evaluating my application based on a set of statistics.

Best part of program?
As I have not officially started the program, I cannot say a lot about curricula etc. However, with interactions both online and offline with my future classmates, I am sure that the experience itself will be one of the best parts. In fact, all of the current students and alumni we (the 2017 intake) have talked to told us those two years were the best of their life.

Favorite class/professor/learning experience - why?
Wait till I get there in September =D.

What were you most surprised to learn about IESE after starting the program?
Same as above.

Not so best part of program?
Have not found out yet~

Is it difficult for foreign students to find jobs in Spain?
According to alumni and current students, landing a job in Spain is relatively easier than in other more developed countries in Europe.

In your opinion, IESE provides the most opportunities for MBAs entering which industries/functions/geographies?
IESE is well known for its placement in the Finance and Consulting industries. the MBA program also encourages entrepreneurship by providing a lot support and resources to budding entrepreneurs, including the Business Angel Network Finaves.

In term of geography, I think IESE focused on European market in the past, but there has been remarkable improvement in Asia during the past couple of years.

What should more applicants know about IESE?
It is a top-notch school, that probably is a best kept secret.

Feel free to ask me about…?
My experience during the admissions journey
Networking Opportunities
Career Services
Global exposure and international travel
Student Associations and activities
Life in Singapore or China

Complete List of Touch MBA Ambassadors / Business Schools