Touch MBA | Free School Selection Help | Admissions Edge | About | Podcast

Emory Goizueta MBA - Karina de Sousa '19 (USA/Mozambique)

Name: Karina de Sousa
Nationality: Mozambican/USA
Pre-MBA Education: Illinois Wesleyan University - International Studies
Work Before MBA: Special Projects Manager at the National Urban League, the nation’s largest civil rights and urban advocacy organization with 88 affiliates serving over 2M people annually
Work After MBA / Post MBA Goals: Corporate Philanthropy/Social Impact

Why did you pick Goizueta? I was impressed by the domestic and international opportunities for experiential learning. I plan to be highly involved with the Social Enterprise @ Goizueta Center. Given Goizueta’s location in Atlanta, there are many opportunities to pursue school year internships. Goizueta also stood out as an intimate, diverse and collaborative environment. The school doesn’t just claim diversity but ACTUALLY is diverse from its leadership to its faculty and staff to its students (and is a part of the Consortium). I visited the school on several occasions and felt genuinely connected to the culture.

Feel free to ask me about…?
Anything
My experience during the admissions journey. I applied to six programs, was accepted into four (Columbia, Emory, Duke and Rochester) and waitlisted at one (UMichigan). I received three full tuition scholarship offers.
Life in Atlanta
I was an international student in undergrad and can discuss employment in the US post-degree