Touch MBA | Free School Selection Help | Admissions Edge | About | Podcast

Applying for Fall 2017 intake? Introduce Yourself Here

Hi fellow applicants!

I figured we could introduce ourselves so we can meet and help each other out on our journeys to business school.

Name and brief background (personal, educational, and professional):
Taylor from Costa Mesa, CA. I graduated from the University of Southern California with a degree in Industrial and Systems Engineering and currently work at Disneyland as an Industrial Engineer.

General Post-MBA Goal:
Be an operations leader in a globally focused entertainment/hospitality company.

Schools Applying To/Looking into:
London Business School, IESE, Wharton, Columbia, and Texas McCombs.

Fun Fact:
I was a dance performer at Shanghai’s 2010 World Expo.

Feel free to add on!

Hi everyone!

My name is Taylor and I currently live in Santa Monica, CA. I studied International Relations at the University of Southern California (Yes, @t.ceithaml and I know each other; Yes, we’re best friends; No, no one believes us when we introduce ourselves at bars) and I currently work in licensing for BCBGMAXAZRIA, a global women’s apparel company.

I hope to bring my licensing knowledge to a leadership role in brand management post MBA.

My target schools are Texas McCombs, Vanderbilt, Georgetown and IESE.

As for a fun fact- I was once a contestant on Wheel of Fortune.

Looking forward to chatting with you all!

Hello fellow applicants and Touch MBA podcast fans,

my name is Mathias, I am a 27 year old German, who studied Public Administration in Berlin and am currently working in the German Foreign Service. After brief stints in HQ and Bordeaux, I spent my past three years in Dhaka, Bangladesh. In August I moved to Kabul, where I work on risk assessments of former local staff that are being targeted by Taliban because of their work for the German Government.
Post MBA, I want to combine my experience in the public sector with the skills aquired during my MBA to work in consulting (e.g. Public Sector consulting; Emerging markets, etc)
I am applying in Round 2 this year and will try my luck at HBS, Wharton, Kellogg, Tuck, Yale and LBS

Looking forward to hearing about your application stories.

Best,
Mathias

Hey everyone,

Great to read about your backgrounds! Me? Here goes:

Name and brief background (personal, educational, and professional):
Stuart from Johannesburg, South Africa! I graduated from the University of Cape Town with an Honours degree in Mechanical Engineering in 2010. I now work in the packaging engineering department at one of SABMiller’s biggest breweries (now AB InBev).

General Post-MBA Goal:
To lead global operations for a large FMCG company.

Schools Applying To/Looking into:
London Business School, Oxford Said, INSEAD, MIT Sloan, Harvard.

Fun Fact:
I received my Private Pilot’s Licence with a Type Rating for the Cessna 172 when I was 18.

With GMAT more or less out of the way I need to make haste with Round 2 applications!

Cheers
Stuart

Hey Taylor! @twinn - where did you end up going? (and also that is so cool - I love Wheel of Fortune :smile: )

…actually same question for @Mathias and @t.ceithaml - would love to know!

Hey there :slight_smile:
I am actually still waiting for the results from some schools. Have been rejected from HBS, Wharton and Yale and got admitted to Tuck. Interviewed with the rest, but won’t receive the decision until next week.

Hope that helps.
Cheers,
Mathias

Hi everyone!

I actually postponed my applications to Round 1 of this year (applying for Fall 2018 intake). I’m still targeting the same schools, and am adding HEC Paris to my list. Hopefully will have good news to share once decisions are made in the last part of the year. Good luck! :slight_smile:

@Mathias congratulations on Tuck!! One of my favorite programs - their alumni are crazy about the experience. Keeping my fingers crossed for your other targets. Keep us posted…

@twinn thanks for the update, will be good to have you here

Yeah, I was blown away by the atmosphere on campus when I visited Dartmouth in November. It is such a great school. I feel honoured to be admitted.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing @twinn :slight_smile:

Hey everyone -

Since I applied in R2 only, I just found out most of my decisions. Thanks to Wednesday’s decision, I now know that I will be attending London Business School!

Yeah Taylor!!! Congrats! :airplane: :gb:

Congratulations! LBS for the win :slight_smile: